Coast to Coast - Crafting Wooden Coasters
Learn the art of Ikigai and create your own wooden coasters
About the workshop
This workshop focuses on learning about woodworking, the therapeutic craft of it and sustainability. Carpentry is a traditional trade in Singapore and many pieces of wood are discarded and wasted along the production line. Studio Mu Yu believes in sustainable production hence works closely with local carpenters to up-cycle these discarded wood pieces, giving these woodcuts a new lease of life, transforming them into wooden jewelry for the discerning young professional or household kitchen items (like the coasters you'll make today!) for the designer-focussed couple.
What you will experience
- Explore a new and therapeutic world in woodworking.
- Learn about the importance of trees' sustainability.
- Be introduced to different types of wood.
- Identify the importance of the direction of wood grain and its impact on your final product wood coasters
- Learn about the right kind of finishing/staining to use for your product.
- Receive demonstrations of how to use traditional woodworking hand tools!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.