IKIGAI | Slow-made Wooden Jewelry
Learn the art of Ikigai and create your own wooden jewelry.
About the workshop
Ikigai is a Japanese concept that stands for "a reason for being” – what you truly live for, what gets you out of bed each morning, what makes life worthwhile?
In this 2 to 2.5 hour workshop, experience Studio Mu Yu's version of Ikigai and embark on a slow, fulfilling process of creating your own jewelry. Immerse in the true value of being hands-on through a traditional craft, one thought to be used just for making furnitures and renovation work – woodworking.
This Ikigai workshop explores a fun and sustainable way of slow-made wooden jewelry using woodworking hand tools! Experience working on wood that is locally sourced in Singapore too!
Note: Please be in long pants and covered shoes.
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Explore a new and therapeutic world in woodworking.
2. Learn about the importance of trees' sustainability.
3. Be introduced to different types of wood.
4. Identify the importance of the direction of wood grain, and its impact in the beauty of your final handcrafted woodwork jewelry.
5. Learn about the right kind of finishing/staining to use for your product.
6. Receive demonstrations of how to use traditional woodworking hand tools!
7. Design, create and cut your own jewelry template.
8. Bring home your handmade creation of earrings or a necklace!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
If you would like to arrange for a private woodworking workshop in Singapore, please contact [email protected] for more details!
For public workshops, class will only commence when there are at least two sign-ups* A full refund will be given if the minimum is not met.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Kaki Bukit Station (Downtown Line)
Paya Lebar Air Base