Learn to make classic Vietnamese dishes!
About the workshop
Vietnamese cuisine has a brilliant balance of five elements - sourness, bitterness, sweetness, spiciness and saltiness. The traditional Vietnamese cooking has minimal usage of oil and relies on herbs and vegetables. Some basic ingredients that you will work with are mango, mint and fresh herbs.
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this delightful workshop, she will teach you how to create from scratch four different vegan-friendly, homestyle Vietnamese dishes. Whether or not you've tried Vietnamese food, this workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy all the benefits of eating clean without compromising on taste!
What you will experience
1. Put on your chef's apron!
2. Learn about the ingredients used in Vietnamese cuisine and where to buy them!
3. Be introduced to the different dishes and traditional condiments that you will be making today!
4. Get hands-on and receive step-by-step guidance in creating your dishes from scratch!
5. Stay and eat, or take the food away in your own containers!
6. Don't forget the recipes so you can recreate the yumminess for all your loved ones 😋
1. Fresh rice paper rolls with mango, cucumber & mint, served with nuoc cham
2. Lemongrass-marinated spicy tofu with basil and roasted peanuts
3. Banh Xeo (Vietnamese savoury crepe stuffed with crispy vegetables and fresh herbs)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
1. Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
2. This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
3. If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
4. Aprons will be provided.
5. You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
6. If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bedok Station (East West Line)