Traditional Tokens of Love
Embroider and fill your own Traditional Chinese Love Token today!
About the workshop
At Joyful Art Space, Fan Fan guides you hand-to-hand in the ancient art of Chinese embroidery - sharing with you the charming experience of how young women in China traditionally showed their affections.
Through this experience, look forward to understanding traditional expressions of love in olden China. Learn about the types of Chinese Silk Embroidery, herbal scents, and why certain spices were used for certain purposes. Scent sachets as love tokens are an intangible cultural heritage, worthy of securing down the line through our own efforts.
Bring home to your loved one(s) an exquisite handmade sachet, embroidered with your own hands and filled with your own blend of scented spices.
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. An introduction into ancient expressions of love in China through various tokens
2. Viewing an array of sachets to choose from to embroider
3. Demonstration of basic embroidery
4. Hand-on-hand help with embroidering your own sachet
5. Putting together of herbal spices into your own scent sachet
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.