Traditional Chinese Woodworking
You can be a woodworker too!
About the workshop
Enter this charming and artistic woodwork studio housed within a Japanese boutique hostel in central Shanghai. Go back in time with 火鸡哥, a woodwork artist as well as designer, and learn how to make your very own unique pieces of woodwork with traditional Chinese tools.
Although woodwork is prevalent in most cultures, you'll find different tools meant to achieve the same effects from various parts of the world in 火鸡哥's studio. A saw to saw through wood from Japan might look completely different from Europe's and China's. Why? Find out in this workshop!
Scroll through our photos below to see all the delightful woodworks you can create in this one-of-a-kind studio!
What you will experience
- Learn the step-by-step process to making either unique chopsticks, spoons, chopstick pillows or dessert knives
- Have 火鸡哥 demonstrate the way to use each tool with every step of the workshop
- Design, cut, saw, chip, and file your way to the perfect, unique kitchen accessory or gift
- Browse the many designer and hand-made items in 火鸡哥's studio for a one-of-a-kind art piece!
- Chopstick classes: 1.5 hour
- Chopstick pillow classes: 1 hour
- Spoon classes: 3 hours
- Dessert Knife classes: 2 hours
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Wear comfortable clothes as you might find yourself standing while sawing for long periods of time!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Metro Line No. 9 and No. 13
Tianzifang, Shanghai Liuli China Museum, Yi Art Museum, Xintiandi