Make Sri Lankan Rice & Curry!
Learn to make the national meal of Sri Lanka!
About the workshop
The history of Sri Lankan's cuisine has been shaped by foreign traders and cultural influences from neighbouring countries – one can see evident influences from Indian, Indonesian and Dutch cuisines! Some staples in the Sri Lankan food scene includes rice, coconut and spices, which you will learn how to work with!
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this delightful workshop, she will teach you how to create from scratch four different vegan-friendly, homestyle Sri Lankan dishes. Whether or not you've tried Sri Lankan food, this workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy all the benefits of eating clean without compromising on taste!
What you will experience
- Put on your chef's apron!
- Learn about the ingredients used in traditional Sri Lankan cuisine
- Be introduced to the different types of spices you will use, as well as where to buy them
- Get hands-on and receive step-by-step guidance in creating your dishes from scratch!
- Stay and eat, or take the food away in your own containers!
- Don't forget the recipes so you can recreate the yumminess for all your loved ones 😋
1. Eggplant moju (Sauteed eggplant in sweet-sour spicy sauce)
2. Okra in coconut curry
3. Tempered black pepper mushroom curry
4. Coconut sambol
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
- Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
- This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
- Aprons will be provided.
- You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
- If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.