South Africa Vineyards | Meet the Winemaker
Gain insights into winemaking and taste the best wines from South Africa!
About the workshop
Meet the Winemaker is a monthly series that will feature different winemakers or Sommeliers, bringing you a fresh experience each month!
The Cape Winelands is a flourishing wine region and home to a colorful, multi-cultural community. Beautiful and underrated, travel with Culturally and Wine To Share, an exclusive importer of South African wines to Stellenbosch and beyond, to discover and taste 5-6 wines from different wine regions in South Africa.
Learn about South Africa as a wine region in terms of the terroir, grape varietals grown, etc and the vineyards/ producers that make these wines. Gain insights into how wine is made as well as how to objectively assess wine so that you can order like a pro at your next fancy dinner!
What you will experience
1. An introduction to the winery being featured, including location, soils, and background.
2. Meet the winemaker (over ZOOM) as he/she takes you through each wine being tasted, covering information on where the grapes were grown, how the wine was made, and what their philosophy or intention was when making the wine.
3. Get to taste 5-6 different wines, along with an individual cheese and crackers box.
Tasting Room sessions:
Held at Wine To Share's Tasting Room
- 4-6 x 75ml wine samples
- Individual grazing box with cheese and crackers
- 60-minute session via Zoom with the winemaker
- Tasting cards
Held via ZOOM, in the comfort of your own home
- 4-6 x 50ml wine samples
- Access to the 60-minute Zoom session with the winemaker
A workshop kit (including the wine samples) will be sent to your home (per 1 pax booking) before the session.
Please indicate the delivery address(es) on the check-out page (Comments) when you book the session
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Please inform us of any nut allergies as the cheese & crackers boxes will contain nuts.
For Tasting Room sessions, bottle purchase will be allowed after the session for home consumption, and may not be consumed at the premises.
Nearby this workshop
Lavender Station (East West Line)
Bugis Station (East West Line/ Downtown Line)
Little India (North East Line/ Downtown Line)