Street Art & Food-bites hands-on Experience
Experience a guided tour to discover Singapore's street art and food gems
About the workshop
Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Singapore with Singabites' street art and hands-on food bites pit-stops tour. This is an educational and hands-on experience that will bring you through the vibrant art mural districts of Singapore as you are also introduced to the local varieties of food found in the heartlands.
Take in the vibrant sights of beautiful artworks painted on the walls of historic stalls/shophouses along the way. You can pause along the route anywhere, anytime, to admire and click photo memories of these cultural gems as you enjoy local food just like the locals do.
From murals in Tiong Bahru to installations in Kampong Glam, explore works of artistic expression and traditional family-run food places hidden deep within the modern exterior of Singapore. Get behind-the-scenes to learn not just how to make the food yourself, but also get acquainted with the hawker proprietors and their scintillating stories.
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
Choose 2 areas to visit from below (90min per area):
1. Little India (Street Art/Food & Culture)
2. Chinatown (Street Art/Food & Culture)
3. Kampong Glam (Street Art/Food & Culture)
4. Tiong Bahru (Street Art/Food & Culture)
*Movement between selected 2 areas will be conducted in an executive coach transfer included within listed prices
1. Explore how these unique mural statements of artistic expression, by local and international artists alike, are put out in the open for everyone to enjoy in this walking and hands-on tour through sites/neighbourhoods of cultural significance.
2. Take a stroll along quaint alleys and rustic corridors which have become canvases for breathtaking heritage murals interspersed with contemporary paintings.
3. Visit eating places run by local businesses and get to know the people and stories behind the food.
4. Under the guidance of experienced hawker proprietors, learn about how they have evolved their businesses since their early days of operationg. Eg: Tong Heng pastry shop within Chinatown and their famous egg tarts, where the owner may even be available to come out and say hi to you!
5. Savour local delights from egg tarts to Roti Prata and take cool photos along the way.
Cancellation is free of charge 15 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 15 days before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
1. Little India - Little India MRT station (North East/Downtown Line)
2. Chinatown - Chinatown MRT station (North East/Downtown Line)
3. Kampong Glam - Bugis MRT station (East West Line)
4. Tiong Bahru - Tiong Bahru MRT station (East West Line)
5. Katong - Dakota MRT station (Circle Line)
6. Geylang Serai - Eunos MRT Station (East West Line)