动 | Mobile Wooden Jewelry Workshop
How to up-cycle wood pieces and create jewelry for the modern women!
About the workshop
Carpentry is a traditional trade in Singapore and many pieces of wood are discarded and wasted along the production line. Wood waste is one of the most common rubbish that fills up the landfills. In 2013, Singapore generated 332,400 tonnes of wood waste – that's about 66,000 elephants!
Thankfully, more businesses are realizing the importance of reducing waste. Studio Mu Yu believes in sustainable production, and they work closely with local carpenters to up-cycle discarded wood pieces.
In this workshop, learn from head designer Lyn on how to give discarded wood pieces a new lease of life, and transform them into wooden jewelry for the modern woman! Experience working on wood that is locally sourced in Singapore too!
Note: Please come in long pants and covered shoes.
What you will experience
1. Explore a new and therapeutic world in woodworking.
2. Receive an introduction on how wood has been used in Singapore and why up-cycling wood pieces is important in today's world!
3. Learn to recognise different types of wood.
4. Learn how to identify direction of wood grain and why it's important.
5. Get a brief run-through on the basics woodworking machines and tools.
6. Go on to create your own set of earrings or necklaces!
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
Cancellation is free of charge 12 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Like to arrange for a private workshop for a customised number of pax? Please contact [email protected] for more details!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Kaki Bukit Station (Downtown Line)
Paya Lebar Air Base