Make Sindhi Cuisine!
Learn to cook North Indian dishes!
About the workshop
Learn to make Sindhi cuisine from Sindh, Pakistan which was brought into North India before the India-Pakistan partition. The availability of a variety of fruits and vegetables in North India has allowed the diet in North India to be mostly vegetarian. Their staple food - wheat served in the form of roti (bread) along with vegetarian curry are some ingredients that you will work with in this workshop!
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this delightful workshop, she will teach you how to create from scratch four different vegan-friendly, homestyle North Indian dishes. Whether or not you've tried North Indian food, this workshop is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy all the benefits of eating clean without compromising on taste!
What you will experience
In this workshop, Shalu will share with you classic dishes that she grew up with - which means none of these can be found in restaurants out there!
- Put on your chef's apron!
- Learn about the different North Indian ingredients and traditional condiments that you will be using
- Be introduced to the different types of dishes that you will be making
- Get hands-on and receive step-by-step guidance in creating your dishes from scratch!
- Stay and eat, or take the food away in your own containers!
- Don't forget the recipes so you can recreate the yumminess for all your loved ones 😋
1. Sindhi curry (Chickpea curry with garden vegetables)
2. Bhindi and potato sehal (Okra and baby potatoes in a spicy masala)
3. Moong dhal chillo (Savoury lentil pancake)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
- Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
- This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
- Aprons will be provided.
- You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
- If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bedok Station (East West Line)