Leather crafting in Singapore: Card Sleeves
Pick up leather craft and make your own Cardholder Sleeves!
About the workshop
Crafune is an artisan leather crafting studio located in the heart of Haji Lane, Singapore's OG hipster neighborhood! Using only vegetable-tanned leather, Crafune prides itself on its minimal impact on the environment as well as love for sustainability and creativity. Using only by-products from the food industry, and designing their own in-house embossing seals with iconic Singapore symbols.
In this affordable leathercraft DIY workshop taught by local craft brand Crafune, learn about local craft culture from founder Raymond Tan and get individual kits delivered to you so you can craft your own unique leather sleeve to hold daily cards and business cards. Learn saddle-stitching (a technique used in leather crafting) and edge burnishing to complete a smooth end product that will give you a comfortable grip. ~5 cards can fit into each leather sleeve.
Hot stamping of name and initials (up to 7 characters) will be included.
Leather colors to choose: red, blue, green, black, brown, taupe, yellow
What you will experience
1. Book your workshop at least 5 days in advance so that the DIY kit can be delivered safely to your home with time to spare!
2. Log in to a zoom URL sent to you, and make your own leather card sleeves under step-by-step instructions and a live demonstration by the Crafune team
3. Learn about the local craft scene and some historical facts about leather crafting.
4. Get hands-on with saddle-stitching and edge burnishing
5. Complete your product and take a group photo! Tag us at #DoItWithCulturally and #Crafune :)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 7 days before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.