Start your morning with Qigong
Learn Qigong and reap the health benefits! Enjoy even as a beginner!
About the workshop
Whether you're a tourist, local or expat in Singapore hoping to kickstart a healthier lifestyle, start off your day by learning the basics of Qigong in the beautiful setting of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Singapore Botanic Gardens. The gentle movements are suitable for all regardless of age and athletic ability. Beginner-friendly and full of zen, this workshop will help you learn how to be more intimately aware of your body, breath, and find the correct alignment of the body within stillness and movement.
Qigong is a system of finding the natural alignment of breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and martial arts training. Practiced for over 4,000 years in China, the 混元功 [hùn yuán gōng] set is one of the most important Qigong methods in the Hunyuan Taiji System.
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Under the guidance of Mr Joseph Pau, a teacher and practitioner of Taijiquan and Qigong for more than two decades, learn the fundamental Qigong set in the Hunyuan Taiji System which is how to gather qi, transform qi, circulate qi, and store qi.
2. Mr Joseph Pau began his training in Chen style Xinyi Hunyuan Taijiquan in 1993 under the guidance of Harrison Moretz at the Taoist Studies Institute in Seattle, WA.
3. The perfect introduction to a meditative art you can start each morning with, bring home a basic introduction to Qigong and a method of relaxation.
Note: Classes will be on pause during the period of April 8th to May 11th.
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
1. Please let the instructor know of any physical ailments or injuries before class
2. Dress comfortably, and that also goes for your footwear. The grass can be a little damp
3. Students can eat something light before class to get you through the hour 😄
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Botanic Gardens Station (Circle Line)