Learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu!
Learn the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu! It's great for self defense!
About the workshop
Jiu-Jitsu which originally developed in Japan was the martial art of the samurai.
Most of the training is dedicated to striking and grappling techniques. Thus making it the most efficient martial art in a self-defence situation.
In Brazil, Jiu-Jitsu was refined into Gracie Jiu-Jitsu (now commonly known as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) which is an enhanced and improved form of the old system. It has been enhanced by focusing on real-life combat situations. Aside from training one to be ready in a combat situation, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) also allows practitioners to improve their self-esteem, coordination and physical ability.
In this workshop, you'll be put into a beginner class with no prior training required, and given a uniform called the Gi [gee] to be worn (mandatory).
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
During the workshop, you will:
1. Go through warm up, Jiu-Jitsu techniques, practice, cool down
2. Learn self-defence skills
* Monday and Wednesday 12.30pm-1.30pm classes are conducted in Chinese only *
* Saturday and Sunday classes are kids classes *
* Friday classes are no-Gi classes & conducted in English only *
* Please contact Culturally for private class and/or course arrangements *
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
1. Bring your own towel!
2. Come in a sports attire :)
3. Gis will be provided
4. Let the instructor know of any physical ailments or body injuries before class commences
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Nearest metro: Line 1 - Shanghai Indoor Stadium (7 mins walk from exit 5)