Learn to make authentic vegetarian Indonesian cuisine!
About the workshop
With its 17,508 islands attracting traders, pirates and adventurers from all over the world, the Indonesian cuisine has been influenced by many cultures, such as the Chinese, Indians and even the Europeans. One of the most vibrant and colourful cuisines, Indonesian dishes are full of intense flavours, with Sambals as a cornerstone of the cuisine.
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this delightful workshop, she will teach you how to create from scratch authentic vegetarian Indonesian cuisine, even if you've got no prior cooking experience!
What you will experience
- Learn about the specific ingredients used to create the authentic Indonesian dishes.
- Get hands-on and receive step-by-step guidance in creating your dishes from scratch!
- Taste the brilliant flavours of the Indonesian dishes such as Sambal Terong, or pack it in your own containers and share them with your loved ones!
- Be awed by how you can easily recreate these dishes using local ingredients that can be found just around the corner!
1. Sambal Terong (Sauteed eggplant in slow-cooked fragrant tomato sauce)
2. Sayur Lodeh (Coconut curry with garden vegetables & crispy tofu)
3. Sambal Goreng Tempeh (Sweet & spicy fried tempeh)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
- Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
- This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
- Aprons will be provided.
- You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
- If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.