Give Handbuilding a shot!
Handbuild your own clay art piece in this pottery workshop!
About the workshop
Have you always been curious about the process of making pottery? Want to learn how a lump of clay can be transformed into delicate, gorgeous pieces? Start with an introduction to the art of handbuilding with our local craftsman potters and learn how to shape clay beneath your fingers as you partake in this creative activity.
Handbuilding techniques have evolved through the ages but maintain the same basics throughout the world. This hands-on activity is enjoyable for both adults and young children and can be taken on by all!
Do note that there will be fewer people during weekday classes! 😊
What you will experience
1) Learn about the techniques behind handbuilding
2) Demonstration by instructor Lulu
3) Guided help on handbuilding
4) Shape your own art piece!
5) Choose to either add colour to your piece on the day of your workshop, or come back in 2-3 weeks after it's dried to add colour to it before it goes in the kiln :)
(Psst... Culturally attendees will receive a small gift at the end of your workshop 😊)
Cancellation is free of charge 12 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
If you have a specific design in mind, do inform the Culturally team beforehand 😊
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.