Food and Culture & Food-bites hands-on Experience
Discover a variety of food cultures in Singapore through this guided tour
About the workshop
Experience the tastes, sights and sounds of Singapore with Singabites' hands-on food bites pit-stops and culture tour. Netflix has even featured a family-run street food business in their documentary series of “Street Food” in Singapore!
This is an educational and hands-on experience that will bring you through the cultural origins of multiple varieties of food found in the heartlands so that you can enjoy local food just like the locals do.
Get behind-the-scenes to learn not just how to make the food yourself, but also get up-close and personal with the aunties, uncles, ladies and gentlemen, managing their stalls in shophouses/hawker centres and revel in the stories behind their businesses.
From Little India to Geylang Serai, be prepared to view the cultural neighbourhoods of Singapore in a different light and learn the role of food in the evolution of Singapore’s culture.
What you will experience
Choose 2 areas to visit from below (90min per area):
1. Little India
3. Kampong Glam
4. Tiong Bahru
6. Geylang Serai
*Movement between selected 2 areas will be conducted in an executive coach transfer included within listed prices
1. Experience a walking tour through sites/neighbourhoods of cultural significance and learn about how they have evolved since their early histories.
2. Visit eating places run by local businesses and get to know the people and stories behind the food.
3. Under the guidance of experienced hawker proprietors, learn how to prepare food such as the Peranakan Kueh whilst learning insider tips on the skills of flipping Roti Prata and pulling Teh Tarik.
4. Savour local delights such as Otah and Putu Piring and take cool photos along the way.
Cancellation is free of charge 15 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 15 days before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
1. Little India - Little India MRT station (North East/Downtown Line)
2. Chinatown - Chinatown MRT station (North East/Downtown Line)
3. Kampong Glam - Bugis MRT station (East West Line)
4. Tiong Bahru - Tiong Bahru MRT station (East West Line)
5. Katong - Dakota MRT station (Circle Line)
6. Geylang Serai - Eunos MRT Station (East West Line)