East meets West Dessert Soap Making
Discover how to make delicious-looking soap!
About the workshop
Soap supposedly got its name from Mount Sapo in Rome - and early references to soap making were for the use of soap in the textile industry and medicinally (source).
In this hands-on creative workshop, we've married the creative and technical parts of soap making by introducing a new way to enjoy desserts without adding to your waistline! These desserts from the East and West may look deliciously newly-baked, but don't be fooled by their appearances as they definitely can't be eaten. That said, your hands and skin will thank you when they savor these soaps and feel the lather.
Come along and join us on this workshop to create delicious desserts that will not add a single calorie or kilogram. Learn about hand soaps, their different types and some intriguing facts about Peranakan Kuehs and macarons.
What you will experience
1. An introduction to the equipment and materials used in making handmade soap
2. Learn about the history, types of handmade soaps as well as handle some samples of the soap
3. Pick your preferred scent/colour and start creating your take on macarons (the soap version!)
4. Create the soap version of popular Nyonya kueh: Kueh Salat!
5. Pack your delicacies up and bring them home to use/display!
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Marymount (Circle Line)
Bishan (North-South Line/ Circle Line)