About the workshop
Chinese seal carving or zhuàn kè in mandarin (篆刻) combines calligraphy with carving and is one of the most well-loved and recognized Chinese traditional arts with a history of more than 3700 years. Whilst seals are typically known to be engraved on stones like jade or marble, they can also be carved on to wood, bone, bamboo and ceramics.
In this unique workshop, you will learn how to carve your own seal on a one-of-a-kind pottery piece. Choose to handbuild your own seal from clay and get hands-on in carving your name!
Option 1: 1-Day Workshop
Duration: 1 Hour
- Choose your own pottery piece
- Carve your name on it under the instructor's guidance
Option 2: 2-Day Workshop
- Day 1: Handbuild your pottery piece with the passionate instructor, Lulu (1 Hour)
- Day 2: Carve your name under the guidance of another instructor (2 Hours)
Do note that there will be fewer people during weekday classes! 😊
Off-site: Enjoy 10% off when you spend more than 2500 RMB!
On-site: Enjoy 10% off with your >30pax team! (Excluding miscellaneous fees e.g. parking, transport)
What you will experience
1) Introduction to the history behind handbuilding and seal carving
2) Demonstration on handbuilding or seal carving or both!
3) Get hands-on in handbuilding or carving or both!
4) Loads of fun - bring home a unique seal you can call your own!
(Psst... Culturally attendees will receive a small gift at the end of your workshop 😊)