Chinese Culture + Language 101
Get your Chinese Language + Culture 101 lesson before exploring China!
About the workshop
Obviously, Chinese is not the easiest language to learn. However, it is possible to master some basic, survival words and phrases within a few hours. Whilst China is a country full of charisma and potential, attracting people from all over the world, English is not the prevailing language, thus, learning basic Chinese and cultural information is indispensable to have a smooth and enjoyable stay.
Besides, getting to learn a language that has more than 5000 years of history and to learn about how an ancient civilization made up this language, isn't it the coolest thing ever?
At the end of this Culturally workshop, you will receive:
1. Learning materials, such as online videos and notes
2. Complimentary welcome package including a stylish canvas bag, notebook, and pen!
What you will experience
1. An introduction to the Chinese language, to have a general idea of Chinese characters
2. An introduction to Pinyin, the phonetic system of Chinese, to be able to read and self-study
3. Chinese Greetings and courtesy expressions, to be polite and friendly
4. Numbers used in shopping, to be able to buy things and bargain
5. Practise to make what you just learned sound fluent and authentic
We will also teach you individualized phrases according to your needs, such as allergy notifications or food preferences :)
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.