Authentic Indian Cuisine
Learn to make some authentic Indian food!
About the workshop
Everyone loves Indian food but it’s often daunting to re-create at home because of the sheer number of spices involved. Let Chef Shalu break it down for you and explain the use of ingredients, spices and techniques so you can master the skills of cooking an authentic Indian meal from scratch.
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this delightful workshop, she will teach you how to create three different traditional Indian dishes.
What you will experience
- Learn about the authentic Indian dishes.
- Be introduced to the different ingredients and spices that you will use, and where you can get them.
- Get hands-on and receive step-by-step guidance in creating your dishes from scratch!
- Stay and eat, or take the food away in your own containers!
- Don't forget how you made them so you can recreate this daunting recipe and impress your loved ones!
1. Vegetable butter masala (Garden vegetables in a rich tomato curry)
2. Keralan Eggplant Curry
3. Aloo tikis (Spiced potato cutlets with coriander-mint chutney)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
- Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
- This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
- Aprons will be provided.
- You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
- If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.