Arabian Nights Cooking Class
Bring your taste buds on a journey to the Middle East!
About the workshop
Hospitality is central to Middle Eastern culture and many home cooks spend hours, sometimes days, preparing an impressive spread of dishes for family feasts. Grains play an essential and versatile role in the diet, with dishes varying from burghul pilaf with chickpeas, to antipasti cous cous salad and smoked freekeh risotto. (source)
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this boutique hands-on workshop, let Shalu teach you how to create delicious-tasting Middle Eastern Arabian cuisine, ideal for all individuals with or without prior cooking experience!
What you will experience
In this hands-on cooking class, join Chef Shalu on a journey to the Middle East where you will learn exotic dishes made with lots of interesting spices. Rich, spicy and inviting, but always with a healthy twist, these dishes will jazz up any meal.
1. Hearty Harira Soup
2. Shakshouka with Feta and Curried Almonds
3. Mujaddara (Rice with Lentils & Caramelised Onions)
After your workshop, enjoy your feast with the rest of the class (public workshops only) or pack it in your own containers and bring them home to share with your loved ones! Recipes will be provided :)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
- Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
- This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
- If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
- Aprons will be provided.
- You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
- If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bedok Station (East West Line)