A Singapore Culinary Experience + Market Tour
Experience a local Singapore market tour + your Culinary Adventure!
About the workshop
Experience the sights and sounds of a wet market where you will be introduced to your ingredients before proceeding back to the studio to cook up a storm! This workshop is identical to "A Singapore Culinary Experience" - (https://www.culturally.co/workshops/a-singapore-culinary-experience-singapore) but includes a tour of Singapore's oldest wet market and introduction to the fresh Asian ingredients it carries: Tiong Bahru Market!
In this workshop, you will be able to meet the aunties and uncles of Tiong Bahru Market through the vendor stalls they head, and check out the most sought after local delights served upstairs in the food court. You will learn about the cultural significance of the Tiong Bahru neighborhood starting from its life as a cemetery to its re-emergence as one of the hottest and trendiest neighborhoods in Singapore.
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Participants at the market will be introduced to Asian ingredients to be used in the cooking class.
2. At the studio, you'll prepare your chosen Singaporean menu under the expertise and guidance of the chef.
3. Delectable meals may include traditional dishes such as chicken rice, laksa, otak otak (grilled fish cakes wrapped in banana leaves), ondeh ondeh (rice cake stuffed with liquid palm sugar) and chicken satay :)
4. Choose from our indoors or al fresco dining area to feast on your hard work afterward!
5. Receive recipes, an apron and a Palate Sensations pair of chopsticks to keep as souvenirs!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
1. Please note that this is an exclusive private tour only for your booking. We therefore require a minimum of 2 participants per booking. We do not mix you with other tours happening on the same day.
2. Wear comfortable clothes and closed rubber soled shoes for this workshop, and remember to let the chef or a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/ dislikes before taking the class!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Buona Vista Station (East West Line/Circle Line)