Letterpress Your Own Tote Bag!
Learn how to print your own tote bag in this typography workshop!
About the workshop
Did you know? The wooden movable type technology was first invented around 1040 in China! It was improved upon and re-invented in 1298, by Wang Zhen, a Yuan dynasty official. The technology was brought to our shores in 1819 by missionaries, but it was also quickly replaced by more efficient machinery. While typesetting is now somewhat considered a lost art, there is an artisan here who's speaking up for the traditional form of typesetting!
Join YY In this introductory typography and letterpress printing class! You will learn about the basics of typography, the anatomy of a type, tools in a composing room and be introduced to the printing press. Get hands on and use the available wood types to create your own content layouts, and print onto a tote bag that you can go on to bring home!
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Receive an introduction to the history of letterpress printing.
2. Learn about the basics of typography and the anatomy of type.
3. Be introduced to the printing press along with a demonstration on how it operates!
4. Try your hand at arranging types to form your own design and layout.
5. YY will help you to lock your content, and you can print your design onto your tote bag!
6. Go on to bring home your very own creation!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Want to arrange for a specific date and timing? Email us at [email protected]!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Nicoll Highway Station (Circle Line)