Letterpress Mini Poster Workshop!
Come learn about typography & letterpressing in this introductory workshop!
About the workshop
Derived from the Greek words τύπος/typos meaning "form" or "impression", and γράφειν/graphein which means "to write", typography traces its origins to ancient times. From ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics to Ancient Greeks who used the Phoenician alphabet and the Romans afterwards, how has typography evolved to become more than just a decorative element and form of art, but a language itself in our society?
In this introduction to typography and letterpress printing, come learn from YY of TypesettingSG about the basics of typography, the anatomy of a type and tools in a composing room. You will also be introduced to the printing press, and use available wood types to create your own layout! At the end of the workshop, bring home a unique mini poster that you can call your own.
What you will experience
- Receive an introduction to the history of letterpress printing.
- Learn about the basics of typography and the anatomy of type.
- Be introduced to the printing press along with a demonstration on how it operates!
- Try your hand at arranging types to form your own design and layout.
- YY will help to lock your content, before print your design yourselves!
- Bring home your very own mini poster!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Want to arrange for a specific date and timing? Email us at [email protected]!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Nicoll Highway Station (Circle Line)