Let's Get Crafty! | Leather Crafting 101
Get crafty and learn about all things leather!
About the workshop
Learn the history of leather crafting and unique facts about the global industry. Under the tutelage of local artisans from Hides and Thread, be exposed to the basic techniques of leather crafting, and find out interesting facts like where you can source crocodile leather from in Singapore. Craft individual leather goods and couple it with your own animal charm (four cute animals and colours to choose from), both of which can be used as a keychain or personalized gift!
Tour the Hides and Thread studio with experienced artisans and hear their stories on the types of leather they have sourced from around the world. Touch and feel the difference between the types of leather!
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Find out more here!
What you will experience
1. Gain insights on basic leather care and maintenance
2. Learn about leather crafting tools and techniques
3. Craft your own everyday item (choose package) using good leather and personalize it with your own mark!
4. Assemble an animal charm using stitching techniques, for use as a keychain or a handmade gift!
5. Understand how leather products are mass-produced in a tour of the Hides and Thread studio, and feel the difference in characteristics of various types of leather
6. Show off your leather goods on social media with the hashtag #DoItWithCulturally!
All tools and materials needed will be provided. No prior experience is necessary.
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Wear comfortable clothing :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.