Katong Bites Food Trail
Experience a guided tour of Katong's street art and food gems.
About the workshop
Take a stroll through Katong and Joo Chiat, Singapore's Peranakan enclave full of colourful historical shophouses, and fill your mind and tummy with delicious Nanyang stories and treats! This food and bites tour will bring you closer to Singapore's rich Peranakan heritage.
Along with friends and family and other curious foodies and culture buffs, explore murals and traditional family-run food joints, get behind-the-scenes to learn how businesses were built and recipes were passed down.
You can pause along the route anywhere, anytime, to admire and click photo memories of this Katong cultural trail as you enjoy local food just like the locals do.
Private tours available upon request
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Go behind the scenes in our local curry puff restaurant
2. Enjoy the flavors of Singapore's popular Hainanese chicken rice dish and discover how this dish was made
3. Try tasty Peranakan classics such as Otah and Kueh Lapis, and learn of how this rich culture moulded Katong, Singapore
4. Explore and find out more about Katong's gorgeous mural art and beautiful historical shophouses.
5. Taste Singapore's award-winning, world-famous Katong Laksa. Visit the shop that won the “Bib Gourmand” award from Michelin in 2016.
6. Stroll down Joo Chiat road and enjoy delightful Indian tastings with our experienced Chef who will show you his unique skills in person!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Dakota Station (Circle Line)
Eunos Station (East West Line)
Paya Lebar Station (East West Line)