Hands-on Hong Kong Pau!
Get hands-on and make some Paus!
About the workshop
According to legend, the original bao/pau was invented by the Chinese military strategist Zhuge Liang during the Three Kingdoms period (3rd century AD). Due to longstanding Chinese immigration, the dish has become common place throughout various regions of Asia such as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and more!
Today, served as a type of dim sum and sold in Chinese bakeries and coffeeshops, paus are a quintessential part of our local food scene. In this hands-on workshop, make three different traditional Hong Kong favourites – char siew pau, chicken pau and meat pau!
Interested in booking this for a teambuilding? Write in here!
What you will experience
- A short introduction on Hong Kong pau and ingredients required!
- Demonstration of each recipe, followed by hands-on session
- Help will be provided throughout, including tips, techniques and troubleshooting!
- Pop your paus into the steamer!
- Enjoy or take home your fluffy handmade paus
- Go home and recreate the deliciousness for all your loved ones!
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Please let the chef or a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences before taking the class.
Evening classes available at 6.00 pm, minimum 12 pax to start a class.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bugis +, Bugis MRT