Roots of Gin in old Malaya
Take this Gin and Tonic Masterclass and learn about the origins of gin!
About the workshop
Did you know that the gin and tonic was created in old Malaya by colonial soldiers to ward against malaria? Very few people know that the ubiquitous combination originated in the jungles of Malaya - This workshop will take you through how necessity created a cocktail and how popularity took the drink very far away from its roots. Finally, we will learn how the modern craft movement bought the drink back to the philosophy of the original drink.
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1) You will taste three very different, different styles of gin with 5 different types of tonic waters.
2) Once you choose your favourite from each pairing, the bartenders will take you through the steps of making (you) a full gin and tonic of your preferred pairing.
3) Finally, you will get to garnish your drink with botanicals of your choice to complete your perfect G&T.
4) Bring home a Spiffy Dapper Goodie Bag
At the end of this experience, you will have learned how to:
1) Make great gin and tonics at home.
2) Garnish your drinks well
3) Get the right ingredients to make great gin and tonics.
Cancellation is free of charge 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bugis Station ( Downtown Line/ East West Line)