Flavours of Southeast Asia Cooking Class
Explore SE Asia with your hands and tastebuds in a vegan cooking adventure!
About the workshop
Southeast Asian cuisine includes a strong emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with a strong aromatic component that features such flavors as citrus and herbs such as lime, coriander/cilantro and basil. Cooking methods also include a balance of stir-frying, boiling and steaming. (source).
Shalu is a former lawyer turned chef, cooking instructor and food consultant. In this boutique hands-on workshop, let Shalu teach you how to create typical Southeast Asia Cuisines, but with a modern and healthy twist! All dishes are vegan and beginner-friendly.
Planning a teambuilding event? Corporate workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
In this hands-on cooking class, join Chef Shalu on a journey to beautiful South East Asia where you will learn delicious South East Asian dishes made with health and comfort in mind. Beginner-friendly and vegan, these are sure to impress any guests and delight your tongue and tummies.
1. Sambal eggplant (Grilled eggplant in slow-cooked, spicy tomato sauce)
2. Sayur lodeh (Indonesian coconut curry with garden vegetables & tofu)
3. Vegan Char Kway Teow (Stir-fried Singapore noodles)
After your workshop, enjoy your feast with the rest of the class (public workshops only) or pack it in your own containers and bring them home to share with your loved ones! Recipes will be provided :)
Cancellation is free of charge 3 days before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 3 days before the scheduled start time.
1. Please let a Culturally representative know of any food allergies/preferences!
2. This class will be hands-on so please wear light, comfortable clothing as it can get quite warm while cooking.
3. If you have long hair, please ensure it is tied back neatly.
4. Aprons will be provided.
5. You are welcome to take the food home but kindly bring three of your own takeaway containers.
6. If you prefer to eat together at the workshop venue, please let us know in 'Booking Details' :)
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.
Nearby this workshop
Bedok Station (East West Line)