About the workshop
Run, run, fast as you can,
You can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!
~ The Gingerbread Man, a fairy tale
Gingerbread houses originated in Germany in the 16th century as elaborate cookie-walled houses, made with ginger and honey, treacle and molasses. While the ginger root is used now in various cultures (China for medicinal purposes, Europeans for cookies, and Americans for softer desserts), in this workshop, we'll focus on baking your own unique gingerbread house!
Nothing livens up a Christmas atmosphere as much as a gorgeous gingerbread house! Get in the holiday spirit with this hands-on Christmas dessert workshop. Bring friends and family to learn various cookie baking techniques and how to decorate your own edible home/ gift with royal icing.
Planning a teambuilding or private event? Customized workshops are available! Learn more here!
What you will experience
1. Introduction of ingredients
2. Step-by-step demonstration on how to bake cookie sheets
3. Hands on experience in baking your own!
4. Learn how to trim and use cookie sheets to build walls for the gingerbread house
5. Demonstration on making icing
6. Explore endless opportunities of decorating your own house!
7. Bring your creation home and share the joy of the experience with your loved ones