A Chinese Culinary Experience + Wet Market Tour!
Learn to create the most iconic Chinese dishes!
About the workshop
This event is a relaxed and enjoyable way to discover Chinese culture and Chinese cooking basics, for all expats and tourists, whether you know Chinese or not (our Chef has limited English but our assistant will translate everything to English).
In this workshop, you can choose to prepare a variety of iconic Chinese homecooked or Dimsum dishes! You will visit a fresh foods/wet market with our chef and learn how to pick the best ingredients and bargain for the best prices! Learn what local people eat, and how to cook like a Shanghainese family does.
Have fun meeting new people during this workshop who share the same interest in cooking and culture. After your class, impress your friends with your new Chinese cooking skills!
What you will experience
Chinese Cooking Class:
- Visit the fresh market and learn how to pickup the best ingredients, and bargain for the best prices.
- Learn what local people really eat and how to cook like a Shanghainese family.
- Cook between 2 to 4 delicious dishes, usually a main meat dish, a soup and a healthy vegetable dish!
- Return home with a recipe card, with full instructions and ingredients list in English and Mandarin, to cook the dishes at home again.
- Have fun meeting likeminded people who share the same interest in Chinese food and culture!
- And after our event, impress your friend with your new Chinese cooking skills!
Dimsum Cooking Class:
- Visit the fresh market and learn how to pickup the best vegetables and bargaining skills!
- Learn to prepare some traditional Shanghainese and Cantonese dimsum, such as the iconic Xiao Long Bao (soup dumpling), Wontons, Shrimp Dumplings and also fried treats like mini spring rolls!
- Enjoy your handmade creations with your new friends!
- Go home with full recipe list and recreate the dishes for your loved ones!
Cancellation is free of charge 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Booking must be made 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
Please let a Culturally representative or Chef know before class begins if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions!
Note: Full workshop address will be included in booking confirmation email.